The neuroscience Implications of breathing, mindfulness, sleep and the SCARF model are introduced and applied to the areas of negotiation, facilitation and mediation.
Key points from today’s session focus on:
- The Art of De-Escalation
- The Art of Communication
- The Art of Conversation
- The Art of Discussion
- The Art of Listening
- The Art of Negotiation
- The Art of Mediation
- The Art of Compromise
- Virtual Approaches
Key elements include listening and understanding the FIFI model of Facts, Issues, Feelings and Interests.
In short it is about “Love Thy Neighbor – Show Respect.”
The 10 key steps to compromise are addressed and discussed to take appropriate actions.
- Define the problem
- Listen to understand the emotion and the facts associated with the issue
- Identify and clarify interests
- Generate solutions
- Determine the impacts of solutions
- Evaluate the impacts of the solutions on stakeholders
- Select a solution
- Consider implementing a solution or backing up to an earlier step
- Test the solution
- Consider BATNA or WATNA