Mike has helped hundreds of clients resolve conflicts and negotiate winning solutions business to government (IRS), business to business and within businesses.
- Accredited Senior Appraiser in Business Valuation with the American Society of Appraisers
- Certified Valuation Analyst with National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Qualified Mediator with the Minnesota Supreme Court
- Member, National Speaker's Association
- Faculty with National Speaker's Association - Speaker Academy
Mike Gregory presentations are entertaining, fun, and information-packed. Audiences consistently rave about time spent listening to and interacting with Mike. Book your speaking event with Michael Gregory today!
Passionate about helping others resolve conflicts, achieving winning solutions, and inspiring leaders. Mike is a negotiator, facilitator, and mediator (qualified mediator with the Minnesota Supreme Court). He is effective at teaching others how to work with difficult people, to deescalate situations, listen effectively, and build relationships. He is known to bring out the best in others.
- Presented over 350 presentations, keynote addresses, and workshops.
- Written 12 books (learn more on our Books page).
- Written over 35 published articles
- Conducted over 2,500 mediations and negotiations
- Saved clients over $1 billion
- Addressed issues from $10K to just under $1 billion with fortune 100 companies
The Collaboration Effect ©
- Founded in 2018
- International speaking
- Having given over 600 key notes, workshops, seminar and executive forums internationally, this entity was found to address client needs specifically related to speaking going forward.
- Enhances relationships, resource and revenues by taking advantage of The Collaboration Effect© raised in smaller print behind The Collaboration Effect)by building relationships, actively listening, educating judiciously, and negotiating collaboratively.
Michael Gregory Consulting, LLC
- Founded in 2011
- Helps clients identify, address and resolve issues business to business, business to government (IRS) and within businesses. In short, do the right thing, do what it takes and have fun along the way.
- Written 12 books and over 35 articles
- Mediator, negotiator, facilitator, consultant, solution provider
- Worked for the IRS with a focus on business valuation, valuing intangibles and analyzing research and development in companies.
- Testified in US Tax Court twice, prepared as an expert over two dozen times.
- Managed a litigation support unit of experts and expanded the unit from nine to 21 technical employees in three years with up to dozen cases docketed in US Tax Court, US Court of Federal Claims or US District Court at any one time.
- Hired PhD economist and statistician team members and started up and led a research group analyzing all of the returns in the country to improve voluntary compliance nationally for four years.
- Tapped to be a controller and part of a team of only 6 professionals to work with the IRS CFO to refinance the IRS $10.5 billion budget and help reorganize the IRS into 13 new business units.
- Executive position as a territory manager for up to 23 states coordinating business valuation and other technical areas nationally.
Engineer, study manager and project manager for four years with the US Army Corps of Engineers.
- Member, National Speakers Association
- Accredited Senior Appraiser with the American Society of Appraisers
- Certified Valuation Analyst, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Mike is a qualified mediator with the Minnesota Supreme Court.
- Registered Professional Engineer for 29 years
- Certified General Real Property Appraiser for 19 years
Michael Gregory holds a BS and MS in engineering and an MBA in finance from Valparaiso University, the University of Wisconsin - Madison and DePaul University, respectively.
A lifelong learner and with a passion around conflict resolution, he focuses on neuroscience applications, the IRS, and being a solution provider.
- Serves as a volunteer arbitrator for both the Hennepin County (Minneapolis) and the Ramsey County (St. Paul) bar.
- Serves as a volunteer with the Minnesota bar Alternative Dispute Resolution section.
- Regularly volunteers as a mediator (Dispute Resolution Center) in public housing, housing court, conciliation court, neighborhood disputes and as a volunteer circle keeper and facilitator with various communities on very sensitive matters such as police shootings that have been racially charged.
- Past President of his church and his previous two churches and served in other leadership roles in congregations in Chicago, Minneapolis, and Roseville, Minnesota. He has been active in leadership positions for over 30 years in his various congregations. Mike has also been active in various synod activities.
- Volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and other organizations involved with social issues and activities relating to social justice, homelessness, poverty, and community involvement.
- Completed over 2,500 mediations and negotiations.
- Spoken twice to the Harvard Club in Boston.
- Saved clients over $1 billion as a consultant.
- Currently involved with a startup company in the Silicon Valley.
- Mediated disputes with boards of directors in fortune 500 companies.
- Mediated disputes with nearly $1 billion in differences between the parties and over a dozen participants on each side.
- IRS civil servant of the year twice at the IRS: once as a front line manager early in his career at the IRS, and once at the end of his career as a territory manager. Mike was humbled and extremely honored by this recognition, since employees have to make the nomination to the executive level.
- Mike has been married over 30 years, has two married children and regularly plays with his two grandchildren